NIS+ password database support

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at vt.uni-paderborn.de
Fri May 22 14:52:45 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton writes:
 > uh... it looks like a full nis server, to me!  i could be (and probably
 > am) completely wrong on this...

There is a full nis server, but no NIS+ server. There is an older
snapshot of a NIS+ Server for FreeBSD, but that had a lot of bugs the
last time I have tested it. Don't know the current status.
If I had more time, I had started programming a NIS+ server. Or I need
much more people, who are not only willing to use it, but also to
contribute large parts of code.

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk at vt.uni-paderborn.de
                http://www-vt.uni-paderborn.de/~kukuk