Long machine names...

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Thu May 21 18:36:18 GMT 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > These trust accounts do not NEED a real unix account.
>

> oh yes they do.

OK.  I have a NT machine named SUP2.  It has a machine account (trust
account) called SUP2$ in private/smbpasswd.  Because of a bug in some
administrative management software (Digital Internet Locker) the unix
account sup2$ has been removed.  The trust account still exists in
private/smbpasswd and the machine can still login to the domain.

When does the need for a real unix account come into play?  When creating
the initial trust account?  For future DC stuff?

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE        |  Email:  TWinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |