CVS update: samba/source/ubiqx

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed May 13 12:45:39 GMT 1998

> > Again, I believe that you are thinking in terms of the whole, and not the
> > pieces.
>
> that's right, I am. The millions of people who download and compile
> Samba compile the whole, not the pieces.

not quite true: we had a request two (three?) weeks ago from someone who
wanted an smb lib.  i told him he had three choices: smblib-0.5 from
richard sharpe, clientgen.c from the main cvs branch, and lib/smb/*.c from
the BRANCH_NTDOM cvs branch.

equally, the lib/rpc code i have licensed to another company for use in
their NT security auditing product, and all i needed to do was to write a
300 line "interface" module which called their smb library routines to
open, read, SMBtrans, close etc, not our ones.

luke