CVS update: samba/source/ubiqx

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Tue May 12 23:43:37 GMT 1998

Robert,

Thanks for your comments.  A couple of thoughts...

You spoke about ANSI/Posix vs. K&R.  I'm using the second edition, which
I understand to be ANSI-based.  What am I missing here?

In any case, the issue for me isn't which standard to use.  I'm interested
in making the code work on as many platforms as possible with the minimum
of fuss.  That includes both the ubiqx modules and whatever pieces of
Samba can be modularized.  The ubiqx modules use a minimum of stuff from
the header files (in fact, I think that NULL is it!).

> Under Solaris, which is posix/ansi complient, NULL is defined in several
> (9) places. According to the posix book I have (there are newer versions),
> NULL is supposed to be officially defined in locale.h! Surprise: even
> OPENSTEP has it defined there.

Thanks.  I'll have to re-think which headers I include.

> In posix, stdlib.h is the 'backwards compatible' library. It defines the
> headers for functions which historically didn't require headers. So for
> posix compliance, this should be left in ...

I'll have to check, but I don't think that the ubiqx library code uses
functions that would need this.

Chris -)-----