password API needed

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Fri May 8 17:16:15 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > and why not a simpler struct with all the infos in ascii ?
> >
> > and you have two conversions functions:
> >
> > smb_passwd *complete_to_smb(complete)
> >
> > SAM_USER_21 *complete_to_21(complete)
>
> smb_passwd now contains:

I agree with Jean-Francois, and after a phone call
with Luke, so does he :-). I have removed the extraneous
stuff from struct smb_passwd (harumph, having fields
labelled 'unknown' in a structure is *not* a good
idea :-). Luke is going to code up an extra structure
he needs for this stuff and have a conversion function
(that way, the 90% of the Samba code that doesn't care
what an NT password entry looks like still doesn't
have to :-).

Jeremy.