swat changes

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Fri May 8 12:00:20 GMT 1998

I've put Herbs version up as the current demo for people to look at.
Herb is looking after swat for a while why I'm busy on some other
stuff.

see http://samba.anu.edu.au/cgi-bin/swat/ for the current version.

> 2. The globals section now shows non-default variables (like the
>    view config section does) in the basic view. There is also a
>    reset button to undo all changes you have made (that haven't
>    been committed). In addition each field now has a "Set Default"
>    button. Multi-choice fields are now select fields instead of
>    a set of radio buttons.

hmmm, the reset buttons use javascript. That means we are now getting
fairly dependent on javascript (it was only used for the refresh
before). Do we want to do this?

> 3. On the status screen I added a "restart" option for stopping then
>    starting smbd and nmbd.

great.

> 4. I have updated the help file for swat.

thanks!

> Please check it out and give me some feedback about the new look and
> any other additions/modifications you would like to see

I'm a little concerned that we are now a long way from HTML 3.2. If
you try http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/validate/ on it then
heaps of stuff doesn't parse.

Cheers, Andrew