ldap.c

Jean-Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at utc.fr
Wed May 6 17:50:04 GMT 1998

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> line 300: get_lda_pwnam does not return a struct smb_pass at the end.  it
> also returns False not NULL, at the top.

get_ldap_pwnam is not used. I started to code it and done other things.

> ldap_connect_anonymous and ldap_connect_user are defined statically
> (locally) and not used anywhere.  this is deliberate?

yep. I wrote 3 connect (bind) functions.

The idea is when you define strict access lists in the slapd server,
even the user can't see his own password, but he can bind to the server
using his password, and can change it afterward.

So I wrote ldap_connect_system which bypass all security priviledge 'cause
it use the rootdn and the rootpwd. We won't use it too much in the future.

ldap_connect_anonymous will be use typically to enumerate users and
machines.

ldap_connect_user will be used to authenticate the user

	Jean Francois

: Jean Francois Micouleau       : Email: jfm at utc.fr       :
: Universite de                 : Tel  : 03 44 23 47 78   :
: Technologie de                :  Service Informatique   :
: Compiegne              France :     Division IRNM       :