smb2www + swat

Remco van Mook remco at biereco.student.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 18 17:16:48 GMT 1998

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> there are a couple of web / admin projects underway.  one is swat, which
> comes with the samba distribution.  the other is smb2www, and is available
> from http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/users/frank/smb2www/
>
> swat is in c; smb2www is perl scripts and a modified version of smbclient.

Luke,

I'm afraid you've got a few things mixed up.
The smb2www you are referring to is _not_ written in perl, it is an
awk-script tied to smbclient AFAIK.

The smb2www you mean is a project I have been toying with on and off for
about a year. Right now, I'm geting it ready for distribution.

<PLUG mode=shameless>

Features:
- graphic user interface
- completely HTML 3.0 compliant