CVS update: samba/source/lib/rpc/server

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 17 13:30:16 GMT 1998

> i looked at the Client parameter a couple of months ago: i was slightly
> concerned that it appeared not to be set up in a few of the daemons, e.g
> nmbd.  in BRANCH_NTDOM therefore, i attempted to remove as many "extern
> int Client;" references as was practical.

yep. The global Client variable is horrible. My fault :-(

What I really want to do is add a encapsulation layer to Samba (via an
inode style structure/pointer list). Then we have a NBT module that
hides the client file descriptor internally as state info.

That module would then export a ->client_addr() and ->client_name()
function (among other things).

I've been putting this off for a while. Some day ...

Cheers, Andrew