SWAT

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 11 01:30:17 GMT 1998

> The file generated by SWAT causes a few error messages. Either samba
> needs to ignore these empty directives or SWAT should be changed to
> not output this line if no value is assigned. I found 3 cases

What I plan on doing is changing SWAT to not output anything if the
value is the default. That will give nice short (and hopefully
readable!) smb.conf files as well as fixing this problem.

Currently it does do this for all the shares, but not the
globals. Doing it for the globals is slightly tricker because of the
way loadparm.c is designed but I think I have a way to do it with only
a minor loadparm.c change.

Another thing I'd really like to be able to do is preserve comments in
existing smb.conf files when they are edited with SWAT. Unfortunately
I can't find a way of doing this without totally changing the way it
works. Currently all comments are lost. So are "include=" and "copy="
lines.

Cheers, Andrew