Proposal: filename map

Kevin Currie kevin.currie at wmich.edu
Sat Jun 13 18:51:13 GMT 1998

>>     This fucntion will read mapfilename line by line.  It will change any
>> Samba % qualifiers into their equivilant values and both sides of the "="
>
>map_username() in username.c doesn't actually do this, but if an extra
>argument is added (BOOL subst) then call standard_sub() on the lhs and
>rhs.
>
>what benefit does this give you?

    This really doesn't to a whole lot in terms of map username and map
groupname (although I do map the name of my machine to my username, so I'm
sure someone might find a use for it); however, this was looking a little
farther down the road towards if my map filename stuff ever gets
implemented.  Having variable substitutions would be a must.

>yep, and if you call the function file_mapping.c, it should go in a new
>module called filemap.c.  and then map_username(char *user) becomes {
>return file_mapping(lp_username(), user); }

>simple, really.

    Alright, I'll take a shot at it.  I'm not sure when I'll get it done...
finals are coming up here really quick, but I'll definately get to it within
the next three weeks.

Kevin