Just-in-time mounts when following symlinks

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Fri Jun 5 11:34:35 GMT 1998

Albert Chin-A-Young wrote:
> What you say makes sense. This certainly depends on the list of items
> in the 'file symlinks' and 'directory symlinks' options. As they're
> REs, you'd have to match for every symbolic link you find (not every
> file).

	The reason I didn't jump into this discussion
	is that I feared we'd end up in a ``specification
	in terms of how someone would implement it''.

	I think we're there already...

	Could someone enlighten us as to
		what the current optimizations are
		what the Microsoft client requires
	so that we might debate what to do instead of
	how to do it?

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb