Samba on Linux and LDAP

William Stuart william at hae.com
Wed Jun 3 23:01:05 GMT 1998

SSL would have to be seperate for a GPL project because the US gov't does
not issue licenses for source code distributions of crytograpghic
materials, even those with "legal" key sizes (I think there is an
exception for password encryption).

There is a whole writeup on this situation on the Mozilla site.  Mozilla
had it's SSL removed over this issue, and an independant group outside the
US is developing cryptzilla in tandem to replace the encryption.

---
William Stuart  (william at hae.com)
"If Netscape is giving their software away, how do they make money?"
"Volume."