LookupAccountSid&LookupAccount (fwd)

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Mon Jun 1 17:37:06 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ok, how about having our own ACL-structure which has a uid+userRid tuple
> and a gid+groupRID tuple stored?

It doesn't *matter* what we have in Samba. We already
have the uid+userRid structure in the vusers struct.

It's what goes into or comes from the NT ACL-over-the-wire
that counts. That's a *fixed*, *known* structure.

> the lookup can be user-interface-slow, then.

No it can't. Please think more about this. Mapping files
will not work for this problem due to the speed & complexity
problems.

Jeremy.