Debug.

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 30 06:29:50 GMT 1998

> > I'm not sure we need the "End of message." Dosn't any line matching ^[
> > indicate an end of message? The spaces at the start of the text lines
> > guarantee parsing without it.
>
> Sorry.  The "End of message." was just more text to demonstrate the
> workings of the code.  I wouldn't actually write such a thing.  It's just
> junk text for demo purposes.

ahhh, ok!

> > hmmm, it might also be useful to have a command line utility to
> > summarise the contents of the log file. Although I think web
> > interfaces are the "way to go" not everyone agrees :-)
>
> The command-line can be the back-end to the web interface, or the
> parsing, sorting, etc functions could be put in a library and have
> multiple interfaces (cgi, command-line).

I'd rather see a library interface if possible. Calling external
programs from a chrooted cgi program is a pain.

> If you'll help me out with the autoconf stuff using __FILE__ and
> __FUNCTION__ would be the best way to go.

I've added HAVE_FUNCTION_MACRO. I'll also send a short autoconf
tutorial to this list in a few minutes to help other developers
who might be dazed and confused by the recent changes :-)

    Cheers, Tridge