autoconf merge done

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 30 02:19:53 GMT 1998

> Are you planning flags for workgroup, Domain support and file locations or
> are you planning to have the users edit the resulting Makefile to set
> those options?

for the workgroup and domain support we have runtime options (in
smb.conf), and I think those are probably sufficient.

For file locations it is a bit trickier, and I don't yet have a good
solution. As it stands you can use --prefix to choose where you want
the samba/{bin,lib,var,private} directory to be based, but you can't
currently choose to have some things in /etc, some in /usr/lib and
some in /var. You would have to edit Makefile or Makefile.in to get
that.

      Cheers, Tridge