ClearCase/SAMBA- help required

S.Ravikiran s.ravikiran at blr.sni.de
Mon Jul 27 03:39:32 GMT 1998

I am S.Ravikiran, working as Configuration Manager for Siemens Information Systems, Bangalore, India.

We are facing problem with ClearCase/SAMBA/Solaris/NT combination with checkin/checkout of delta files. Problem was reported to Rational. The response I got was that probelm might be due to SAMBA which is not supported by Rational.
We increased the MAX_OPN_FILES of SAMBA to 1024, and still the problem is not  resolved.

Since I did not get much help from CCIUG and FAQs I am posting this message to SAMBA-TECHNICAL news group.

Please let me know, if anyone of you have come across this problem and any one of you could fix this problem? Are there any workaround?

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT THE MEMBER OF SAMBA-TECHNICAL NEWS GROUP AND YOU ARE REQUESTED TO SEND YOUR REPLIES TO THE FOLLOWING MAIL ADDRESS - s.ravikiran at blr.sni.de

We are using ClearCase 3.2 with SUN SOLARIS 2.6 as VOB server and WIN NT 4.0 (SP3) as View clients and
SAMBA 1.9.18p8 is being used as NFS package running on server.

An element can be created , checked-in and checked out for first time. If i modify it and try to checkin again, I get MVFS error.

I get the following error messages for binary and text files respectively:

view_server.exe(133): Error: Unable to construct cleartext for object "0x4C" in VOB "fzbsun1:/home2/trial/vobstore/text.vbs": error detected by ClearCase subsystem

	followed by

view_server.exe(133): Error: Type manager "z_whole_copy" failed construct_version operation.

For text files I get the following error message

view_server.exe(133): Error: Unable to construct cleartext for object "0x3E" in VOB "fzbsun1:/home2/trial/vobstore/text.vbs": error detected by ClearCase subsystem

	followed by

view_server.exe(133): Error: Type manager "text_file_delta" failed construct_version operation.

Thanks in Advance for your time and help
Best Regards
S.Ravikiran
Siemens, India
E-Mail ; s.ravikiran at blr.sni.de