Samba, FAST_SHARE_MODES and Digital UNIX

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jul 24 01:44:29 GMT 1998

Hi,

I was just testing my latest changes to smbstatus to provide more options,
when I notices that shared memory locking under Samba was not working and
it was falling back to lock files.

I then went and looked at the Samba Makefile, and -DFAST_SHARE_MODES was
enabled, so I am surprised.

Has anyone got FAST_SHARE_MODES working with Samba on Digital UNIX (4.0[BC])?

If no one has managed to get it working, I guess I will put some effort
into it.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...