Problems with server.c???

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Jul 22 09:09:07 GMT 1998

Hi, I was making my changes to the code from the current source tree, and I
noticed the following:

Files was sized to MAX_OPEN_FILES+MAX_OPEN_DIRS, but I have found code that
does the following:

  for (i=0;i<MAX_OPEN_FILES;i++)
    if( Files[i].cnum == cnum && Files[i].open) {
      if(Files[i].is_directory)
        close_directory(i);
      else
        close_file(i,False);

This is trying to close all open files and directories, but it seems that
it could lead to bugs if the number of open files + directories exceeds
MAX_OPEN_FILES.

Can anyone comment?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...