MAX_OPEN_FILES mods work

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Jul 21 12:05:10 GMT 1998

At 10:50 AM 7/21/98 +1000, tridge at samba.anu.edu.au wrote:
>> I am still worried about swat declaring its own Files variable and not
>> seeming to use it, though.
>
>I think it's there bacause of a linking problem. SWAT needs to link to
>some code that uses Files[] but Files[] is declared as part of a
>module that SWAT can't link to, so SWAT needs to declare its own copy
>to link correctly.
>
>Sorry for the vague description, I'm going from a hazy memory and
>neglected to comment the declaration (phooey).

Hmmm, Well I looked at it a bit, and I don't think that Files is actually
accessed by SWAT, but some of the .objs linked need it.

This brings up the issue (that Dan brought up). Samba is a bit if a mess!

There should be libraries that we can link against.  However, I know that
this is going to be a lot of work.  Maybe we should ask the team to attack
this prior to 2.0 being done.

>	  - Tridge

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...