carriage-returns, linefeeds, ^M

Joe Geiser jgeiser at csillc.com
Mon Jul 20 13:40:35 GMT 1998

Randal,

> I have installed samba 1.9.18p2 on a Sparc Solaris 2.6 box and am
> accessing the filesystems from a mix of Win95 and NT.  When files are
> edited on the pc and saved to the sparc filesystem, each line is
> terminated with a ^M.
>
> How should samba be configured to eliminate this behavior or are there
> scripts available to remove the ^M from text files?

I've had the same problem - and was pointed to an editor called PFE, which
will save files using the LF (Unix format) terminator.

It can be had from http://www.windows95.com/ and for the price (the same as
Samba, sans the Pizza Vouchers <g>), it cannot be beat :)

Best Regards,
Joe

Joe Geiser
CSI Business Solutions, LLC
140 Bristol-Oxford Valley Road, Suite 102
Langhorne, PA 19047-3083
Phone: +1 (215) 945.8100  Fax: +1 (215) 943.8408

HP Channel Partner - Software Solution Provider
Allaire Alliance Partner
Master Distributor/Support in the Americas - LINKWAY from CSL