Mods to smbstatus

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Jul 18 23:03:08 GMT 1998

Hi,

recently I found that smbstatus did not give me enough options and control.

I found that I only wanted a list of the locks that were held, or only
wanted the shares that were being accessed, so I thought that I would
modify smbstatus to have the following behaviour:

Extra flags:

   -L and -S

Without these flags, smbstatus does exactly the same as it currently does.

With the -L flag, it only prints out locks (and if the -u flag specified a
user, or the -s flag specified a share, then it will print out locks
specific to those items).

With the -S flag, it only prints out shares (and etc ...)

Can anyone suggest any other facilities that might be required or does
anyone have any concerns with the choice of flags?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...