Per machine file table in Samba

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jul 17 14:05:14 GMT 1998

At 10:50 PM 7/17/98 +1000, tridge at samba.anu.edu.au wrote:
>> I was thinking of adding a per machine file table in Samba ...
>>
>> While I can find the places where the file table is managed and dealt with,
>> can anyone suggest the routines and include files I should be looking at?
>
>What do you mean by a per machine file table?
>
>Do you realise that Samba already uses a separate process per client?
>The file table (array of open files) is not stored in the shared
>memory area and thus is already separated by client.
>
>Or have I misunderstood what you propose?

I am sorry, I did not explain myself very well.

At the moment, if you want to increase the number of open files that Samba
allows, you modify MAX_OPEN_FILES or some such and recompile.

I would like a command in smb.conf like:

max open files = 250

This I could put in a per client config file with %m and have different
users with different max open files ...

>   - Tridge

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...