Samba 1.9.18p10 and OpLocks and NFS and Eudora

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Dec 30 05:09:23 GMT 1998

Hi again,

well, the guy who was having problemw with Eudora 3.01 and Samba 1.9.18p10
has got back to me after trying a few things.

He reports:

1. Turning off OpLocks fixes the problems with Eudora accessing its mail
folders etc on a Samba share under 1.9.18p10, but Eudora 3.01 only works at
all if the mail folders are on a file share that is local to the server and
not NFS mounted.

2. If the file share is NFS mounted, then Eudora hangs during start-up.

We do not have a handle on the second problem yet, but I will probably go
and have a look next week to see what the problem is.

However, any comments based on experience would be useful.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...