Status of smbpass.c and passdb.c

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Dec 22 08:49:14 GMT 1998

Hi folks.

What is the status of smbpass.c and passdb.c?

I have to start working on a project for Abbott, where they want to be able
to have one set of passwords (as I understand it) in the smbpasswd file, or
something, and have NIS updates modify the smbpasswd file ...

smbpass.c looks like it can be used to modify and update the smbpasswd
file, but can it?  How does it interract with passdb.c?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...