[Patch] Configure broken for Solaris 2.6 (PR#12014)

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Fri Dec 18 17:46:10 GMT 1998

David Collier-Brown wrote:

> >       Found it, several layers deep: configure is
> >       trying to find out the cpp to use, sees a non-
> >       empty conftest.out file from cc -E, and concludes
> >       that this is the wrong cpp.
	[because the sun compilers natter incessantly on stderr]

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Unfortunately this would mean changing GNU
> autoconf itself I think

	I think so: it presumably causes problems
	on any site using autoconf on any program
	compiled with sun cc 4.2

	I'll subscribe and ask...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb