[Patch] Configure broken for Solaris 2.6 (PR#12014)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Dec 16 20:58:11 GMT 1998

David Collier-Brown wrote:

> I wrote;
> | who is looking for the statfs bug as we speak
>
>         stafts???!!!!
>         We dont **have** no steenkin statfs!
>
>         Seriously, though, this test should fail utterly
>         on Solaris after roughly 5.1, as statfs was one
>         of the non-standard additions that were really
>         for other shared libraries to use.  The weak
>         visibility rules of the then linker made it
>         acessable...

Well the autoconf tests look for *any* way of getting disk free
space.

These are :

statvfs64 - 64 bit statvfs
statvfs - SVR4 statvfs
statfs - OSF1 varient taking 3 args.
statfs - 4.3 BSD varient.
statfs - AIX varient with 4 args.
statfs - 4.4 BSD varient
statfs - Ultrix varient

Surely *one* of these is supported on Solaris 2.6/7.0 :-).

Jeremy.