SAMLOGON UDP request

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 10:57:11 GMT 1998

> Do you mean SAMLOGON? I have not seen any domain name there and I don't see
> any checks in nmbd_processlogn.c either. It simply answers any packet.

all UDP/138 packets have a source and destination netbios name in the
header. nmbd checks to see that the destination name is a local name
before looking at the packet.

In this case the destination name is the domain name (with 1C type??),
so only machines in that domain will answer.

Cheers, Tridge

PS: we once had a bug in nmbd where we forgot to check this, and it
caused havoc on multi-workgroup networks!