SAMLOGON UDP request

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Fri Dec 11 23:29:28 GMT 1998

> provided (thanks!) by andrej, here is an example SAMLOGON request which
> contains a domain SID and a workstation trust account name. to answer
> these correctly, we will need getsmbpwnam() calls in nmbd, methinks.

no, I knew about that one.

Note that the request has a SID in it, but the response doesn't. The
only way we could need the SID is if we need to respond differently
for different SID or username values. Can you think of a situation
where that is needed?

I think this could only happen if a Samba server were only serving
a subset of the users in a domain. We don't support that (AFAIK).