Initial configuration with SWAT

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Thu Dec 10 13:36:23 GMT 1998

Currently it is impossible to _create_ smb.conf with swat. I can edit form,
but there is way to commit changes. This would help in unattended
installation - just install software and configure it with SWAT. (I assume,
that install script would make inetd configuration)

Currently we check if we have write access to smb.conf. What I suggest (and
already have actually) - if file does not exists _and_ we are running as
root - give the user possibility to create new smb.conf

Any comments?

/andrej