ftp access to samba.anu.edu.au

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Dec 8 02:37:48 GMT 1998

There are still tons of people using (and mirroring)
ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba/ and we're still putting out about 2
GB/day.

To encourage people to use ftp.samba.org (which is in the US) or one
of the other mirrors I have disabled ftp access to
samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba/ from non *.au sites.

If anyone complains then point them at ftp.samba.org or www.samba.org

I won't bother announcing this to the main list as I've already sent
several messages there telling people to use the mirrors and obviously
the people who are still using the old site are the ones who don't
read that list :)

I have put welcome messages up on the site explaining the change, but
unfortunately some ftp clients (such as netscape) don't display
messages when they get an error transferring a file.