nmbd does not start without smbd (fwd)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Dec 7 17:12:21 GMT 1998

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > nmbdprocess_logon.c, SAMQUERY.
>
> I presume you mean nmbd_processlogon.c, SAMLOGON ?
>
> in that case I think the solution is very simple. Delete that code!
> I did that once before, I wonder why it was put back?

because if we want to b a pdc...  'ang about...  methinks you might be
right.  ok, what kind of usernames have been observed?

sure, wthis could be deleted but only if usernames of, say
"TRUST_ACCOUNT$" are never observed except if the response to these is
expected to be the same.

i _think_ the SAMLOGON response expects to contain the sid (ok, there's
_one_ of these UDPs that expects a SID), and it is likely tbe used to
resole inter-domain tryst accounts.

 > not at all. What
concerns me is that I remember
fixing this months > ago. Why the heck did someone put that code back in?

i checked the cvsweb diffs (all of them) and it's been there all the time.