Oops in domain_namemap.c:lookupsmbpwntnam

Tim Potter tpot at acsys.anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 1 22:35:14 GMT 1998

> > I'm trying to get my vfs code working with the latest update of the HEAD
> > branch, and for some reason I can't even connect to the smb server!  It
> > turns out that the lookupsmbpwntnam() function is falling right through to
> > the end where there the comment "oops".  (-:
>
> funny, i don;'t see that in the cvs tree as of last night.  a grep for
> "Argh" and "OOps" doesn't show up, either.

They were my debugging stmts as I haven't yet figured out a way to attach
a gdb to a newly forked smbd process without sucessfully connecting to it,
then running ps and gdb.

BTW, I'm not running anything to do with domains at all!  My smb.conf is
very tiny with just a couple of shares and a few entries in the global
section.

Tim.