Patch (was: RE: Please, PLEASE, remove the BASEDIR from Makefile)

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Tue Dec 1 12:00:19 GMT 1998

> it doesn't really make sense to have --with-privatedir=yes
>
> can we get autoconf to accept "--privatedir=/some/dir" ?

I agree. Unfortunately, the only generic arguments accepted by autoconf
are --with-xxx and --enable-xxx AFAIK. There is no way to add anything
without changing autoconf itself. It was already done by ntpd people - they
distributed patches to autoconf and automake with xntpd. If we take this
turn, many things are much easy to do.

/andrej