SIGPIPE problems

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Fri Aug 28 16:28:26 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> John asked me to look at a couple of recent bug reports for 1.9.18p10
> where nmbd crashed with a SIGPIPE. I think I've worked out what is
> going on.

Well spotted. I've been in 'stat cache hell' (there are some
subtle bugs still to fix - you were right - unix_convert is one
of the *trickiest* pieces of code in Samba :-) so haven't had chance
to look at them.

> The obvious fix is to catch SIGPIPE (reinstalling the signal handler
> if necessary). Any other suggestions? Any better ways of getting
> timeouts on connect() ?

Sounds good - I know where nmbd does a callout to get
updated browse connections - I'll add the relevent SIGPIPE
handler stuff around these calls.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.