Changes in Samba 2.0

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Wed Aug 26 18:46:34 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> significant, no.  however do not take the following as "permanent":
>
> to be removed completely:
> domain sid
>
> to be replaced with something equivalent:
> domain admin users
> domain guest users
> domain groups

	We plan to avoid describing the domain login
	functionality, save in a section which says
	it will be out at about the same time as the
	book, that outlines what is being added, and
	refers the reader to the <samba>/docs tree.

	If deadlines permit, if we're hit by a slip
	or if the lack would be a significant flaw
	in your opinion, we could do a longer section
	with more meat to it, with a suggested
	configuration and a troubleshooting sub-section.

	The book isn't exactly ``Samba for dummies'', but
	it is intended to be more introductory than
	John D. Blair's work.  Our aim is the harried
	sysadmin who has to get Samba up are doing something
	sane under time-pressures.  Rather like the
	dns & bind book.

--dave (I have John's book and recommend it, by the way) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,  | Cherish your enemies.  They're harder to
185 Ellerslie Ave.,   | come by than friends and more motivated.