Samba support for ACLs

Scott Moomaw scott at bridgewater.edu
Sun Aug 23 21:06:51 GMT 1998

I am investigating the addition of code to Samba to allow support for ACL
permissions under Solaris.  I've considered adding support for the Solaris
function call "access" inside of the dos_mode function of server.c.  Has
anyone dabbled with adding ACL support?  Any caveats involved in
supplementing the read-only determination with a call to the access
function?  I'm looking for a solution that will allow users to read and
write files for which they are given permission through an ACl.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Scott