Login process fails - FIXED

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat Aug 22 13:46:19 GMT 1998

> I changed Samba to also refuse these queries. No more BSOD. Although
> there are a pile of query/refuse packets on the wire, just like there
> is with NT server ...
>
> it's a funny old protocol :)

what does it do immediately _after_ this refusal?  an SMBtrans2
LsaLookupNames call is issued, for example, and the error message is
always "error buffer too small", and then a dce/rpc LsaLookupNames is
issued instead.

i had to add this to the BRANCH_NTDOM samba smbtrans code, in order to get
SRVMGR.EXE working.  thinking about this, did this code make it into the
main branch?

luke