CVS: compiling on Solaris 2.5.1

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 21 06:50:23 GMT 1998

> there is a small problem with compiling the cvs version of Samba on
> Solaris (2.5.1). It's around for a while now and so I report it now.

it does work, but not if you run ./configure twice. try this:

rm config.cache
./configure

then you'll find that -lsocket -lnsl is there correctly.

I know about the problem, but it requires some complex autoconf stuff
to fix. The autoconf code that is failing is taken from the cvs-1.9
sources, which probably has the same problem. I did solve a similar
problem with -lpam but haven't worked it out for the much more complex
-lsocket case yet.

I do tend to test on Solaris (2.5.1 and 2.6) as I have them available
at ANU, but I don't do as extensive testing as I do for IRIX, AIX and
Linux, as I am an ordinary user on our solaris systems and thus can't
actually launch Samba.

I'll retest on Solaris 2.5.1 soon, but I don't know when I'll fix the
"rerun configure" problem.