Login process fails

Mick Haigh mhaigh at village.vut.edu.au
Fri Aug 21 01:19:18 GMT 1998

Hi All.

I'm trying to use the latest CVS source (downloaded 9.30am Friday,
August 21 EST) with Win NT4.0 build 1381 SP3.  When logging in to the
Samba server I get the following on the NT box.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shutdown.

This occurs whenever the NT box tries to download files from the server
as part of the logon (user profile or system policy).  The samba logs
(set to 10) don't show anything obviously wrong, but I'm not really
familiar enough with Samba to recognise a problem.

I've seen a couple of other messages of this sort posted to samba and
samba-ntdom, but I haven't seen any such discussion on samba-technical.
Could someone let me know if they have found a way around the problem,
or if this is known to be broken as part of the implementation of the
ntrpc calls.

Thanks.
Mick