Files[] array going now ...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Aug 17 17:08:45 GMT 1998

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> > > Carrying on my rampage though the code, I am currently removing the
> > > fnum references and the global Files[] array and using files_struct*
> > > instead.
> >
> > hooray!  can you look at srv_pipe_hnd.c as well?
>
> I came across it in my travels, but have left it alone (except for
> changing some places that used 0x800 instead of PIPE_HANDLE_OFFSET,
> which is now 0x7000).

is an individual smbd process expected to deal with more than 2048 file
handles?  because NT doesn't expect you to :-) :-)

> I probably won't get time to do the pipes stuff (ie. change to a
> bitmap/list) but you never know :)

it would be good, as i currently allocate an arbitrary _small_ number of
\PIPE\xxxx handles, per process.  50, i think.  this is way too many for
normal usage, but equally too small for heavy usage.