testparam

Gerald Carter jerry at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Aug 14 02:18:35 GMT 1998

At 11:21 AM 8/14/98 +1000, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

>For diagnosing problems I think it is generally most useful to show
>only parameters that are non-default. That way in on screen you get
>all the parameters you care about.

IHMO all parameters values are needed for debugging a smb.conf
file.  There are so many parameters that it is almost impossible
for a sysadmin to remember all the defaults.  A lot of people
depend on the defaults.

>In the cases where all parameters are needed then using -f is a good
>solution.

As long as the verbose output is available, it doesn't really matter to
me whether it is the default behavior or not.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )