socket options & read raw

Cyrill D. Schneider cyrill.schneider at bluewin.ch
Thu Aug 6 19:20:14 GMT 1998

Hi all,

http://x3.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=377321439&CONTEXT=902430904.1323630745&hitnum=0

since I posted that "benchmark" some days ago in comp.protocols.samba,
I get emails and see postings from samba users all around the world
telling me that setting

socket options = TCP_NODELAY
read raw = no

solves several performance issues, obviously on all kinds of
different platforms. I've then sent a couple of logs to Jeremy Allison,
but didn't get a reply so far. Maybe they were completely useless...

However, I'm actually not bright enough to find the cause of
this problem by myself (I tried, but I'm neither a C++ guru nor
do I have a solid knowledge of the SMB protocol). So, if anyone's
interested, please tell me what kind of information you need and
please do so before Sat, Aug 8 14:00GMT 'cause I'll be on vacation
afterwards (until Aug 29).

Thanks,
--Cyrill