MAX_OPEN_FILES etc ...

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Aug 4 22:01:21 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > This has a performance implication. Now, instead of CHECK_READ accessing
>
> don't care.

You should. Performance is one of the primary reasons
people choose Samba over NT.

> looks good. small first letter, though.  please resist the temptation of
> suggestions to add a function that returns an entire Files structure entry
> (for now!).  i will need to support NetrFileEnum somehow, however.

Nope - a function that returns a Files structure entry is *exactly*
what we need. Unless we are using inline functions to access the
structure members (which we can't do for portability reasons)
then we need direct access into the structure for speed.

Jeremy.