Can't get Samba to switch to Group after authentication

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Tue Apr 28 23:49:54 GMT 1998

euwell,

make *absolutely* sure you compile (make clean first) with +DAportable if
you are compiling for HPUX 10.x.  the HP ansi-c compiler is _well_ broken,
and doesn't run code compiled for the 1.1 _or_ the 1.2 risc chip even on a
1.2 risc chip.

the gcc compiler is better, but i know that +DAportable works with the HP
compiler.

once you have done this, let us know if there are any other problems:
forward your smb.conf file (change all ip addresses) to
samba at samba.anu.edu.au, or contact someone in the Support.txt file for
commercial support, ok?

luke