Major new ubiqx release

Achim Dreyer adreyer at math.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 23 11:26:38 GMT 1998

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:02:17 +1000
> From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at regent.push.net>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <samba-technical at samba.anu.edu.au>
> Subject: Re: Major new ubiqx release

> > Once we have a working protocol that can be used to query & update the
> > Samba structures you should be able to build whatever you like.  I think
> > that there are some freeware SQL parsers out there.
>
> mSQL.

Try mySQL available at:

	http://www.tcx.se/

Basic licensing issues:

       We hope everybody understands that you only have to pay if you are
	selling MySQL directly or selling a product
        which includes the MySQL server. You may not include MySQL in a
	distribution if you charge for some part of it.

       For internal use you do not have to pay us if you do not want to.
       The client code is in the Public Domain or under the GPL
	(readline). You do not need a license to include client
        code in commercial programs.

       We may add some additional functionality in the commercial version.
	The likely test candidate for this is fast
        compressed read-only databases. The current server includes
	support to read such databases but not the packing
        tool. If we get enough revenue from support we will probably
	release this under the same license as the other stuff.

       But if you like MySQL and want to encourage further development you
	are welcome to purchase a license or support.

Ciao,
	Achim

PS: I'm NOT associated with TCX !!