Major new ubiqx release

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Wed Apr 22 12:37:00 GMT 1998

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:

> You misunderstand...
>
> Let's say, for example, that someone writes an interface that copies all
> of the WINS entries into an LDAP server database.  Now, someone with
> authority comes along and modifies an entry via LDAP.  Do we allow that
> modification to be sent back to nmbd or not?

hm.  there can only be read-cacheing of the WINS entries in the LDAP
database for practical reasons.  so it's not so much a matter of "sent
back" in this particular instance.

direct answer: yes.

hm.  i suppose i was kind of thinking of a "proprietary" database system,
where it didn't have some form of replication, such that
read-and-write-cacheing could be done (e.g the wins.dat mechanism).

good point, chris.