Max open files....

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Mon Apr 20 21:52:41 GMT 1998

Can you help me understand this?  There would be a cache that would keep
the most recently used files open, so we'd only lose the locks that apply
to files that are closed.  I'll need to keep track of file position, open
mode, etc. so that the file is re-opened correctly when re-activated.  I
could, I suppose, also keep track of desired locks and re-apply them.

Another option would be to *not* close files that have locks open.  I
don't know enough about op-locks to know how much trouble this would
cause.  In other words, would we exceed open file limits by keeping
op-locked files open.  If so, then we already have a problem.

Chris -)-----