Regex, clitar.c and Autoconf

David Collier-Brown david.collier-brown at Canada.Sun.COM
Mon Apr 20 16:19:53 GMT 1998

| That would be me; is it enough to know that the headers files exist? If so
| the Autoconf convention is HAVE_<headername>; e.g. HAVE_REGEX_H if
| <regex.h> was found on the system.
|
| If you also need to do feature tests (e.g. check and see that the regcomp
| works in some particular way) then there isn't any (current) standard
| feature tests for the regex stuff. It is easy enough to write one though.

	The latter is usually necessary: reg* is implemented
	differently by **many** vendors.   Is there a convention
	about how feature-test-names are written?

--dave( spoiled by qef) c-b

Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb