Max open files....

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Mon Apr 20 14:47:40 GMT 1998

> yep, I think file idling is the best long term solution, but with our
> current workloads we probably won't get that done for quite a
> while. making "max open files" a parameter is a good interim solution.

I've got a file idling module written already.  The problem is that its
written to streams, but that's easily fixed.  I should be able to put
together a file-handle based file idler in a few days.  The API should be
done by then, anyway.  Please just let me know what you want to see.  I
can put it together for you.

Chris -)-----

(Andrew:  Aaauuurrgh.  I did it again...  I replied to your message
without adding the samba-tech list.  Sorry that you're getting this
twice.)